YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
Social Mama is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and any other relevant privacy legislation. Protecting the trust of customers and any personal information you provide to us is very important to Social Mama.
We may disclose your personal information only if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service. When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
This Policy outlines how your personal information is treated and forms part of our terms and conditions. This policy explains:
- The type of information collected and how we collect it and use it
- Circumstances that we are required to share your information
- How your information is securely stored and for how long
- Your rights in regards to your personal information
- What happens when there are changes to this Policy
The personal information we collect may include:
- Name, address and payment details
- Gender and D.O.B if supplied
- Entry history to purchases, competitions and promotions run by Social Mama
- Any other information supplied by you – including, but not limited to photos or videos, in response to direct questions asked or when you rate and review a Social Mama product, or when you engage with us through any social media channels
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect the following information that you provide when you visit the Social Mama website:
- IP address
- Creating an account on the Social Mama website
- Placing an order on the Social Mama website
- Entering details, eg feedback, competition, poll, survey or product reviews with or without photos and/or videos
- Mail list subscriptions
- We will also collect certain information automatically when you visit our website:
- By accessing the Social Mama website. Social Mama website uses ‘cookies’ for a more enjoyable shopping experience. These cookies record data about the pages you browse and the activities you carry out during your visit.
- We record details of the resources that you access to visit our site (for example, URL addresses, traffic data etc.
- We record information about the type of device you have used to visit our website, your device settings and the cause of any system errors. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have further details on what information your device makes available
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU CONTACT US
We will collect personal information about you when you contact us by telephone, email, or via social media, or when you supply feedback or ratings and reviews.
WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS
#1. For the performance of a contract between you and us:
- to provide you with an account on our website, if you choose to sign up for one
- to fulfil any order that you place with us
- to collect payment from you
- to provide you with a receipt, if you ask us to send this to you electronically
- to protect and defend our legal rights and interest
#2. Where we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information:
- to administer and monitor our website, including to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device and to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to
- to analyse any feedback that you provide on our services and to improve our services
- to administer competitions that you have entered
- to remind you that you have items in your basket or that a transaction is incomplete
#4. If you have consented to receive marketing information from us, we may use your information in the following ways:
- we will process details of your previous transactions and contact you by email with information about goods and services similar to the merchandise you have purchased (however we never store your payment details)
- if you have consented to us doing so, we will share your information internally within RAG in order to send you tailored offers or other information we believe will be of interest
- if you provide your mobile telephone number and if you have consented for us to do so, we may contact you with marketing messages which have been tailored to match your preferences
You have the ability to unsubscribe from our emails through a link at the bottom of every email we send to you.
You have the ability to unsubscribe from our SMS messages by sending the word ‘STOP’ to the number specified in the SMS message or clicking on the link provided in the SMS message
If you do not supply the personal information we request from you, we may not be able to complete your transaction, deliver your purchases, provide you with the information you have requested, accept your entry into any promotion or competition.
HOW AND WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- We share your information with our necessary service providers and third-party platforms as required for our business to function; such as Australia Post. Some of these service providers and third-parties may have servers, or are located in countries.
- If you choose to provide feedback/ratings/reviews/photos/videos on your transaction, we will share your information to enhance our customer service.
- Your information may be processed by a third party in order to maintain the functionality of our website and database.
- In the event that you add items to your basket but do not complete a transaction, a customer relations management platform may automatically send you an email to remind you that there are items in your basket.
- As a member of our mailing list we may share your information with trusted non-core service providers, such as marketing partners we have carefully selected to deliver incentives to participate in offers, polls, surveys, analysis or research, all of which assist us in enhancing our services. They are not permitted to use your information after you unsubscribe.
- We also use services offered by Google, Facebook, Instagram and other similar social media platforms to better tailor our marketing communications and for targeted advertising. As part of this process, some personal information, such as your email address, is provided to the relevant third party, however for security purposes this data is “hashed” prior to being shared. Hashing is a process of identity masking or “pseudonymisation” which means we do not disclose your email but are able to link your social media presence and our website. Your personal information may be transmitted to countries outside of Australia.
- We receive insights from Facebook about the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns which you experience on our website and social channels, which helps to better target our advertising.
Every external company we work with has a contract with us which clearly sets out our expectations and requirements in handling personal information and obligates them to meet the appropriate privacy legislation requirements.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We retain the information you provide for the following periods:
- for as long as you subscribe to receive marketing information
- in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team for as long as necessary to provide support-related reports and trend analysis
- for as long as Social Mama is otherwise required to retain it by law
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information may be processed by our employees or by the employees of our service providers or third parties, to the extent necessary to fulfil your order.
We will keep the data which we collect from you on a secure server. Any information relating to credit card details is handled by a PCI DSS compliant third-party and encrypted using secure server technology. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and require our service providers to do the same.
Where we have given you a password (or where you have chosen one) to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share a password with anyone.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM OUR CUSTOMERS
We do not seek to collect sensitive personal information (i.e. information relating to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual orientation or criminal records). We ask that you do not provide such information to us.
RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE
Social Mama will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information up-to-date, complete and accurate and may, from time to time, ask you to update your details.
You may have certain rights in relation to personal information that we hold about you. These include the right to request access to your personal information, to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information (i.e. withdrawing your consent, which you can do at any time), or in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in a machine-readable format (we may ask for proof of identification before supplying you with the personal information). If we deny access to your personal information, we will tell you why. You also have the right to complain about the use of your personal information to the relevant Data Protection Authority.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy, and if the changes are significant, we may provide you with additional notice such as adding a statement to the homepage of the Site or sending you an email with the update.
Please check this Policy regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you have any questions about the Policy and practices of this website contact us at [email protected]